Oh Kale yeah! The most delicious, cheesiest, EASIEST kale chips you will ever eat!
Fear not my friends, and do not be intimidated because these truly are one of the easiest snacks to make. Plus it’s kale, so it’s jam packed with the nutrients your body is craving like Fiber, Protein Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate, Omega-3 fatty acids, and tons of minerals. No wonder it is considered a superfood.
Kale might not seem super exciting all on its own, but with this recipe, it will be. A few ingredients are all that’s needed to transform kale into a cheezy, delightful snack. The first time I made this recipe, my husband couldn’t get enough! I made kale chip for days!
Did I mention how easy it is to make these kale chips? Just FIVE ingredients! That’s it.
This recipe is for cheezy kale chips, though…I confess there is not an ounce of cheese. So I guess that means this recipe is also dairy free.
I can see the wheels turning in your minds. You’re curious, aren’t you? The secret to making these kale chips cheesy is nutritional yeast. It has a naturally cheesy flavor all on its own. You can use it to add cheese flavor to whatever you’d like such as salads, soups, and dips! It’s also rich in protein, fiber, and B Vitamins.
Like I said, this recipe has so many nutrients; plus it’s delicious, so it’s an all-around win!
Let’s get down to it then, shall we? A quick tip, I bought most of my ingredients at Trader Joe’s.
CHEEZY KALE CHIPS
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 bag chopped kale, or 1 bunch kale, chopped
- fresh lemon juice of at least half a lemon
- oil of your choice to drizzle (olive, avocado, coconut, etc.)
- nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle just enough oil to coat kale leaves;too much oil can leave the mixture soggy and prevent it from cooking properly. Salt to taste. Juice at least half a lemon or more. Sprinkle nutritional yeast to taste.
- Massage kale leaves to help break down and prepare for baking. Your hands will become a little sticky, this is normal. Taste a kale leaf to see if seasoning is to your liking. Adjust as needed.
- Spread kale mixture evenly onto a sheet pan. You can sprinkle more nutritional yeast here if you like. You can also sprinkle it on after.
- Place sheet pan into oven and bake for 15 minutes. Then, turn over kale as best you can and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Your kale chips may need extra time to create the desired crunchiness. Kale chips should be crunchy. Cooking time will vary depending on how much kale you prepared.