Happy New Year!
Lets just dive right in to what this post is all about, my intentions for the New Year! As I try to predict of what this year will comprise, a few words come to mind—flow, rise, thrive, and nourish. I’m hopeful for these words anyway. Things always pop up because that’s just how life goes, BUT, I did set out some very specific goals to help me get to where I want to go.
I’ve set these goals to be achieved in a year, so I don’t feel overwhelmed or pressured by time. I think that’s realistic. I’m letting go and leaning in! Here are my goals for the year 2019:
- Read 24 books. It seems like a lot, but two books a month seems feasible. Especially because sole of the books I’ve chosen are mercislessly shorter than others. Thank goodness! I’ve already started on my list and a good friend recommended an app to help me log my books. How cool is that?
- Learn a choreographed dance. And not just any dance routine, nope. I’m challenging myself to learn the moves in Ciara’s “Ride” music video. Again, seems like a lot, but I know I can do it! Truthfully, I have been wanting to teach myself this routine for a while! Why not tackle it now? I don’t expect my body to move the way Ciara’s moves, but I sure am gonna swing my hips anyway!
- Let go of guilt. This is my way of releasing low vibrating energy. I carry quite a bit of guilt and for no good reason. I dislike letting people down or potentially hurting feelings when I’m honest. I’m sure many people feel the same. Though, I have to continue to live my life in a way that is true to myself. And while I don’t purposely intend to hurt people’s feelings, I know sometimes it happens. I also know that my intentions are good, and if my being honest and truthful and transparent with someone unintentionally hurts you, I am deeply sorry, but I harbor no guilt. Not anymore.
- Write what’s in my heart. Now that I’ve set out to not let guilt get in the way, I feel free to share more of my heart through writing. A tandem goal to this is to blog more. Lucky you! Writing has always been cathartic to me. I look forward to putting more time into it.
- More yoga. I teach more than I take these days, and that’s gotta change. I put so much time and energy into providing a practice space for others. It’s time I see that same effort directed at myself.
- My last goal is to simply BE IN THE FLOW. This is my clever way of leaving an open ended catch all. It applies to literally everything, and I’m a big fan of that kind of idea. Whether it’s motherhood, my marriage, my friendships, my health, anything at all— I intend to be in the flow of it all and live in the present.
What are are your goals for 2019? Anything fantastic and wonderfully inspiring?
Wishing you the best!
4 thoughts on “Let Go + Lean In”
Happy New Year, beautiful 🙂
Happy New Year!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Happy new year! Have a positive and amazing year! 🤗
Happy New Year, thank you!